Do you know living a healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of falling seriously ill or dying early? Your health is all about physical, mental and social well-being so that you can stay active and fit. A healthy lifestyle means taking a balanced diet, doing daily exercise and taking sufficient rest. It might be difficult to make enough time for self-care. But taking care of your health can help improve retention and concentrate better. You may talk to the best private gp in London and know how you can maintain good lifestyle. Go through this blogpost to know about 10 tips for your healthy lifestyle.
1. Eat a well-balanced diet
- Include variety to your meals: You should eat different types of foods such as – vegetables, fruits, seeds, whole grains, nuts and legumes. Try to eat at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits daily, especially fresh and seasonal ones. Include fatty fish in your diet as omega-3 fatty acids can prevent inflammatory diseases like heart disease.
- Reduce intake of salt: The daily salt consumption of sugar should not be more than 1 teaspoon. Add less salt at the time of preparing your meal, restrict the amount of high-sodium condiments like soy sauce you add to foods and do not take salty snacks. By lessening the amount of sodium in your diet, you prevent the risk for high blood pressure.
- Restrict sugar intake: You can restrict your sugar intake to 50 grams or about 12 teaspoons daily. This is only possible when you say no to all candies, snacks and sweetened drinks, such as sodas and fruit juices. Reducing your sugar intake decreases the chance of developing certain diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and some cancers.
- Do not take unhealthy fats: Fats should make up only 30% of your entire intake of energy. Make sure you stick to unsaturated fats such as fish, avocados, seeds, nuts and olive oil. Do not take saturated fats like cheese, red meat and butter as well as trans fats such as prepackaged, ready-to-eat and baked foods.
2. Try to remain hydrated
It is essential to drink 8 glasses of water regularly for proper hydration. As your body is made up of 80% water, it is necessary for optimal muscle performance, regular bowel function, immune health and skin condition. When you do not drink sufficient amount of water, this causes dehydration, dry skin, weak immunity, fatigue and headache.
3. Spare time for regular exercise
You should do at least 150 minutes of exercise ina week or 30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week. Whether you are jogging, walking, swimming, or doing workout, the objective is to remain physically fit and active. Exercise can help you to maintain healthy weight and lessen the risk of developing certain diseases due to your sedentary lifestyle.
4. Get sufficient amount of sleep
There is a strong connection between sleep and immune system. When you get at least seven to nine hours of sleep, this can strengthen and heal your body while you remain asleep. Good sleep is essential to maintain your mental and physical health.
5. Limit the intake of alcohol
When you drink alcohol in huge quality, this can cause liver diseases and cancer in the long run. Alcohol abuse may lead to impaired judgment, accidents and injuries. It is advisable that men should restrict alcoholic drinks to 2 in a day while women should take 1 drink only for the day.
6. Say no to cigarettes
Smoking is believed to be the leading cause of lung cancer all over the world. Other than lung cancer, smoking can contribute to developing other organ cancers and increase the chance for heart disease. Apart from being harmful to your own health, smoking is also risky for the people around you. Besides, smoking damages airways and the lungs and is the major cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD.
7. Protect yourself from the rays of sun
The long-term exposure to sun rays has been related to greater risk of skin cancer. Try to avoid staying in the sun for a long time and protect yourself with sunscreen. Also, wear long sleeved clothing when you are outside.
8. Wash your hands properly
You should wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based sanitizer. This is an effective way to prevent the spread of infection. Try to follow this practice before preparing or eating food after you deal with waste products, after use the bathroom, and while you take care of a sick person.
9. Manage your stress level
Stress is a known cause for various diseases, starting from migraines to heart problems. You should look for suitable ways to ease stress level whether it is working in the garden, painting, watching a funny movie, going for long walks, soaking in bath or listening to music. Another way to avoid negative thoughts is to talk to your friends and family members. You can share with them how you feel which provides instant relief from stress so that you can stay away from tension.
10. Enjoy safe sex with your partner
It is important to enjoy safe sex and take care of your sexual health. You can practice this by using condoms to prevent the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections such as syphilis and gonorrhea. If you think you or your partner have got any kind of infection, go for necessary tests in order to stay protected. This way, there won’t be any chance of passing on any disease to your partner. Now it is the right time to ditch those bad habits you really depend upon and follow effective tips to maintain your improved life. It might be daunting to start early but you will feel energized when you recap the benefits of enjoying happier and productive lifestyle. Thus, you need to visit at the walk in clinic in Harley Street where the gp will give advice to take care of yourself so that you can enjoy a healthy lifestyle.