Volaris Airlines is a well-known Mexican airline and is popular for its world-class services. It offers excellent customer support to its passengers. If you have written the wrong alphabet in your name on the Volaris ticket, you can correct them without hassle. Volaris name change policy simply states the whole correction process.
Making mistakes is a common human phenomenon. Everyone makes errors while doing something. The incorrect name on the ticket may land you in trouble while boarding the airplane. Therefore, take the help of Volaris’s name change policy to correct the name on the ticket. If you are unaware of this policy, you can go through this post to understand it better.
Essential Things to Know About the Volaris Name Change Policy
At some point in your life, you may need the assistance of a name change policy to correct the misspelled name or change your last name. So, if you are here to know the Volaris name change policy in brief, please look at the following points:
- The foremost essential thing to know is that your name must match the government-issued id or passport.
- You may pay between $0-$400 for a name change.
- Passengers can change their name to four characters in the first, last, and middle names.
- A customer cannot transfer the ticket to another person’s name.
- You cannot request the name changes on the day of departure.
- A passenger can only request a name change for Volaris Airlines and not the other airlines in case of multiple airlines.
- If you have taken the outbound flight, you cannot request a Volaris name change.
- Passengers cannot request a name change within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
- If you request a name correction within 24 hours of purchase, you will not require to pay any change fee.
What are the Methods of Volaris Airlines Name Change?
Although Volaris Airlines offers various methods to change the name on the ticket, here we are only mentioning two of them. These two are the most famous and commonly used processes. Almost every passenger uses the following two methods to modify the Volaris ticket name. Let’s understand these methods more precisely:
1. Change Your Name with the Help of an Official Website
According to the Volaris name change policy, a passenger
can correct the initials of his name through online mode. Under the online method, customers use the Volaris official website to make corrections to the name. Here are the necessary steps to use this method:
- First, go to the Volaris Airlines official website.
- Second, find the “My Trips” option.
- Third, look for your reservation with the help of your booking code.
- Fourth, choose the booking you want to update the name of.
- Fifth, go to the Volaris flight management area and tap on the “Change Flight” button.
- Sixth, modify your name on the Volaris ticket.
- Seventh, keep following all the on-screen instructions.
- Eight, pay if there is any name change fee.
- Ninth, choose your payment method and make the transaction.
- Last, patiently wait for the Volaris Airlines confirmation email.
You must go through the whole process to change the name on the ticket. If your name doesn’t match the name on your government-issued documents, you will, unfortunately, have to cancel your flight. In such a case, you must follow the Volaris cancellation policy to revoke your flight.
2. Change Your Name with the Help of Customer Support
Not every person feels comfortable changing their name through online mode. Therefore, Volaris name change policy has offered one more method for name correction. For some people, It is much more convenient than the online method. All you need to do is call +1-855-8652747. Next, you must follow all the instructions they give you.
Ask them to make necessary changes in your name and provide all the documents they ask you to provide. Make your booking confirmation number handy. Also, pay the name change fee if there is any. After completing the payment, wait for the name change confirmation from their end.
How Much is Volaris Name Change Fee?
Every other airline charges a nominal amount for the name change. Volaris Airlines is no exception. According to the name change policy, there is a fee that every passenger has to pay for requesting name correction. However, the name correction fee charged by Volaris is less than what other airline charges.
Generally, the change fee depends on various factors such as type of error, fare type, distance, departure date, etc. The charges amount may range from $0-$400.
Final Words on Volaris Name Change Policy
If you have unknowingly made a mistake in the name on the ticket, you don’t need to worry about the hassle. A passenger can easily change the name on the reservation with the help of Volaris Airline’s simple and understandable methods. To get the change done, you should adhere to its name-change policy.
If anything seems confusing, you can contact the experts at Flying Rules. Flying Rules is an independent platform that educates general travelers about various important airline policies. You can connect with the travel experts of Flying Rules at +1-800-865-1848.