The most frequent procedures in plastic surgery are those performed on the abdomen for aesthetic reasons. If there is no sagging skin, liposuction can be used to repair the deformity in the belly caused by fat accumulation in this region. A procedure called an abdominoplasty and a muscle-tightening technique are used to repair any deformities caused by drooping skin, loose muscles, and fat buildup in the abdomen. By excising the folds of stretched skin, removing fat deposits, and tightening the abdominal muscles, the surgeon produces the correct aesthetic proportions of the body during the stomach tuck procedure.
A plastic surgeon who does abdominoplasty for female patients can also treat postpartum diastasis. In this instance, returning the dispersed rectus abdominal muscles to their normal place does not necessitate making a second vertical incision. Six months after the baby is born and the nursing period is ended, Tummy Tuck in Dubai is an option.
Today we’re going to inform you about Tummy Tuck Surgery: Types, Risks, and Benefits.
Types of Procedures
It is a procedure that moves the navel without changing the lower abdomen’s shape or size. An incision under the crease that naturally forms above the pubis provides access to the fatty tissue. Stretch marks, flabby, sagging skin, and minor fat deposits can all be removed with the use of this mild lifting.
The finest kind of belly tuck after giving birth or a significant weight loss is this one. A little, even seam around the bikini line heals rapidly and is nearly undetectable. Even an open bikini or pair of underpants might make you feel at ease.
It is a procedure that is carried out on the abdomen utilizing endoscopic tools. It enables you to avoid making incisions since the muscles and subcutaneous fat are accessed using tiny punctures that special devices are placed into. The endoscopic approach is advised when the patient’s elasticity of the abdominal skin is not compromised but the removal of fatty tissue and restoration of the position of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall is necessary.
People opt for this Cosmetic Surgery in Dubai to eliminate their unwanted fats and to obtain an aesthetic look. It is a procedure where the surgeon trims away extra skin and fat while also tightening and stitching the abdominal muscles.. Access is gained through an incision made above the pubic region and around the navel, which is then relocated. The aesthetic and health issues caused by the divergence of the rectus abdominis muscles are simultaneously resolved by this method.
Preparation of the operation
Before your surgery, your surgeon will instruct you on what to do and what not to do. Smoking is prohibited explicitly for two weeks before and four weeks following surgery. Inform your doctor if you routinely take any medications.
How is the Procedure Carried out?
General or spinal anesthesia is used during the procedure. In open plastic surgery, the surgeon marks the area above the pubis, makes an incision, and trims away any extra skin and fatty tissue. The desired position is fixed by pulling the abdominal muscles in the desired direction. A cosmetic suture is used to close the incision. All surgical operations using the endoscopic technique are performed through accesses in the abdomen, close to the navel, and above the womb. The muscles are sutured without the skin being tightened or removed by the doctor. Mini-punctures that are between 1 and 1.5 cm heal virtually completely. A 2–3-hour surgery is required.
Risks of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Before getting the treatment, you must know about Tummy Tuck Surgery: Types, Risks, and Benefits.
Risks are mentioned below:
- Fluid buildup beneath the skin (seroma). After surgery, drainage tubes may be left behind to lessen the chance of fluid accumulation. After surgery, your doctor may also drain fluid using a needle and syringe. This may need to be repeated numerous times.
- Wounds don’t heal well. There are times when the incision site does not heal properly or when it becomes inflamed. To avoid these risks, doctors frequently prescribe antibiotics.
- Hypertrophy of scars. The postoperative scar’s thickness and density may vary depending on the skin’s unique properties. Treatment is necessary for excessive scar development.
- Skin necrosis on the abdomen. The anterior abdominal wall’s fatty tissue and skin may experience ischemia and, in severe situations, turn necrotic during an abdominoplasty. This is a significant condition that necessitates surgery and a protracted healing process. This risk is greatly increased by smoking.
- The skin on the anterior abdomen wall is numb. This is always a transient occurrence that progressively subsides and goes away a few months following the procedure.
Benefits of the Surgery
- Removing the “apron” of skin
- Getting rid of extra adipose tissue
- Stretching muscles and suturing them
- Building up the abdominal wall
- Waist defining
- Creation of abdominal relief.