This post will walk you through the Wavlink AC1200 setup process. Wavlink AC1200 is a dual-band wireless range extender for outdoor use. It comes with a strong amplifier that eliminates dead zones in your area. The highest data transfer rate of the Wavlink AC1200 is 600mbps. The Wavlink AC1200 has an unrivaled ability to repeat and expand its range across vast distances. This enables the usage of a router, an access point, and a repeater all at the same time.
|Also Read: Wavlink Wifi Extender Setup|
The following items are required for Wavlink AC1200 setup:
- A reliable supply of power.
- Wavlink username and password
- It is necessary to have a smart device with a suitable browser.
Setup instructions for the Wavlink AC1200:
- Take your device out of its packaging and arrange it.
- Connect the AC1200 to a power outlet.
- Remove any smart gadgets you might have.
- Install your internet-enabled device.
- A browser should be selected.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.10.1 or ap.setup.
- Enter your administrative user name and password next.
- To begin, please log in by clicking here.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Wavlink AC1200 extension.
If you linked your extender to the router successfully but are still unable to connect to the internet, the Wavlink AC1200 firmware may need to be updated.
Wavlink AC1200 WPS setup
To configure your Wavlink AC1200 using WPS, follow these steps (wireless protected setup). By clicking a single button, you can effortlessly expand your host network in under two minutes. Let’s have a look at how:
The following information will help you set up your Wavlink AC1200 using WPS:
- To begin, place your extension near the router.
- Begin the operation of the Wavlink AC1200.
- Wait until the LED light has turned completely to a constant green color.
- In addition, the AC1200 and router’s WPS buttons must be depressed.
- A green light will begin to blink at this moment.
- Allow your extender a few seconds to properly sync with your wireless home network.
Finally, the Wavlink AC1200 setup through WPS method is complete. Please contact us via chat or phone if you have any questions concerning your Wavlink extender.
Wavlink AC1200 setup as an Access Point
After you have completed the physical connection and wavlink ac1200 login steps, you can begin the installation process. Take the following simple and straightforward steps:
- The wavlink ac1200 setup page will appear.
- Choose your country/region and time zone from the drop-down menus.
- For your web interface page, enter your new login details.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after selecting the ‘Access Point’ working mode.
- Choose the wireless network of the primary router to which you want to create an extension.
- Use the same wifi password you used for your home router for your outside extension.
- Allow some time for the setting to take effect. This could take a while.
- Then, find the name of your external AP’s wireless network and login to it using its wifi password.
- Finally, the configuration of your wavlink ac1200 outdoor extension is complete. You can now put the device anywhere you like.
It came down to configuring a Wavlink ac1200 access point in the end. If you followed the recommendations in the guide, you should be alright. Please contact us via our toll-free phone or live chat if you require any extra support.
Wavlink AC1200 firmware update
Do you know what firmware upgrades are? Firmware is an umbrella phrase for a combination of hardware and software. A collection of programs is built into a piece of hardware. When you change the firmware on your Wavlink AC1200 extender, new functions are added, current ones are improved, and bugs are fixed.
Follow the steps below to upgrade the firmware on your Wavlink AC1200:
- Navigate to the following page on your computer browser.
- In the URL area, type wifi.wavlink.com.
- Use your regular password to fill in the blanks.
- To log in, click the login sign.
- Then, on your Wavlink AC1200, update the firmware to the most recent version.
- When you’re done, click the setup button to complete the procedure.
- The extender will reboot after installing the firmware.
If you are unsure how to change the firmware on your Wavlink AC1200 extender or if you are experiencing problems with your extender, please contact our professional support team.
How to reset your Wavlink AC1200?
The following methods can let you reset your AC1200:
- Start by turning on your smartphone or tablet.
- A Cat5 cable connects your device to the router.
- On the rear of the AC1200, look for the reset button hole.
- Press and hold the reset button to restart your router.
- In the reset button hole, insert a sharp pin or equivalent item.
- Hold it in place for 8-10 seconds.
- In a few seconds, the extender will reboot and prepare for the next setup step.
This article will help you through the process of resetting your Wavlink AC1200 extender.
How to reset the Wavlink AC1200 using a web browser?
To reset your Wavlink AC1200 extender, follow these steps:
- To begin, open your web browser on your PC.
- Then, in the address bar of your browser, type wifi.wavlink.com or 192.168.2.1.
- Simply input your username and password to have access to your extender’s dashboard.
- Then, on the login screen for the extender, select advanced from the drop-down box.
- On your screen, a tab for extension information will open, from which you must select the factory default setting reset option.
- Your Wavlink AC1200 outdoor extender’s reset has been completed successfully.