Are you downloading payroll updates and experiencing QuickBooks Error 15215? The payroll and maintenance releases are updated, which is a common mistake. It might also be because of a limitation on server access that prohibits the server from replying.
If such an issue occurs, you must employ the most outstanding solutions. In this post, you can find the different ways to fix QuickBooks issue 15215.
What results in Error 15215 in QuickBooks?
To safeguard your computer and its data, QuickBooks tries to verify the digital signature on every file downloaded through the software. Error 15215 servers not responding will appear if they cannot confirm a file’s digital signature before downloading it. The following are reasons why QuickBooks error 15215 might occur:
- Intervention by third-party Windows software is one of the most frequent causes of QuickBooks problems.
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll may get Error 15215 if a firewall or configuration interferes.
- Error number 15215 can happen if QuickBooks is not launched under a Windows administrative account.
Discover the solutions to QuickBooks Error 15215?
When you perform a payroll update and see QuickBooks Error 15215, another program running in the background is likely to blame. Because of the application’s potential high bandwidth usage, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll could be unable to connect to the online server. However, using the troubleshooting steps below, you can fix QuickBooks Error 15215.
Solution 1: Modify Internet Explorer’s configurations
- If you’re using Windows, close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Go to the Start button and type “internet options” into the search box to discover Internet Options.
- Choose Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- You may find TLS options by navigating the Advanced menu and scrolling down.
- Verify that Use TLS 1.0 is selected and that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not set.
- Click Apply and OK after that.
- Restart Windows and attempt again to execute the payroll update.
Solution 2: Restart Windows in Selective Startup Mode
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Press Windows+R simultaneously to bring up the Run window on your computer.
- Hit Enter after typing “MSConfig.”
- The System Configuration Utility dialogue box appears. Go to the radio menu, and select Selective Startup.
- Choose to Apply, then click OK to save changes after unchecking the “Load Startup Items” box.
- To apply the changes, restart your computer when prompted.
Solution 3: Start your computer in clean boot mode
- To launch the Run box, simultaneously press the Windows key and the letter R.
- After entering the command MSConfig in the text area, press the Enter key.
- Choose Selective Startup from the General tab.
- Uncheck the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- Add a checkbox right now. Uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services” box under the Services tab.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- On the Startup tab, select Open Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click again, and then choose Disable All Startup Programs.
- After that, click the OK button to restart your computer.
Also Read: QuickBooks Tool Hub
The remedies listed above can assist in resolving your QuickBooks error 15215. You can contact QuickBooks support if none of these methods work for you.