Are you constantly facing issues in QuickBooks? And if you have already tried reinstalling QuickBooks, you need an advanced solution. Because simple uninstalling and reinstalling may not help, in such circumstances, use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool—a powerful tool that helps properly uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
While it fixes the QuickBooks, it also resolves installation-related issues. Are you wondering how to get the Clean Install QuickBooks for desktop and run it? Here’s the guide for you.
Need to Download Clean Install QuickBooks For Desktop?
There are specific situations when you need to download the Clean Install Tool. These are as follows:
- When you have trouble opening more than one company file.
- Quickbooks shows you an installation error.
- The general reinstalling process does not help you fix the QuickBooks errors.
Points to Ponder Before Running QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
There are some prerequisites to using any tool. Similarly, the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool also requires you to take care of these things:
- Backup your company files:
Since Clean install removes all files and data related to QuickBooks, create a backup in a flash drive.
- Keep the license key and product number handy:
When you begin reinstalling QuickBooks, it’ll prompt you for these details: the license key and product number.
How to Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool For Desktop?
You must follow three significant steps to run the Clean Install QuickBooks desktop. These are:
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks
Manually uninstall the quickbooks from your system. Here’s how to do this:
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type the control panel and hit the enter button.
- Now, head to the Programs and Features tab.
- From here, select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Find and locate the QuickBooks desktop from the list.
- Tap on it and choose uninstall.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
After the program is removed from your system, rename the installation folder. For that, use the Clean Install Tool and go straight with these steps:
Download Quickbooks Tool Hub
- Visit Intuit’s official website.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub from here.
- Go to the location the downloaded file is stored.
- Double-tap on the QuickBooks tool hub file.
- Install the program.
- Select “I Accept” to complete the installation process.
Run Quickbooks Clean Install Tool:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Now, tap the tab installation tab.
- From here, choose Clean Install Tool.
- Select the QuickBooks desktop version earlier installed on your system.
- Tap continue.
- You’ll receive a message– ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location.’ tap ok.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks On Your System
There are two ways to reinstall the QuickBooks on your system- using CD or from the web. In both cases, you’ll need the License key and Product number.
Note: The tool may not work with QuickBooks 2020. Hence, it would help if you renamed the folders manually. For that:
Open the Windows File Manager by pressing the Windows + E keys.
- Head to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Right-tap on the folder to rename it.
- When renaming, add OLD after the folder name. Try to reinstall the QuickBooks.
With this guide, we hope you learn how to run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool on windows. Thus, if you face any installation issues or get an error, you can run this tool from the QuickBooks tool hub. However, contact us if you get stuck when installing or running the tool or face any QuickBooks issues. Our technician will help you resolve the issue immediately.