When you want your document to be printed clearly and precisely, none other than HP Printer can offer the same. HP Printers are however prominent in the technical world for their top-notch printing solution and quality printouts. While despite being the fact that HP Printer prints the document out-of-the-box, sometimes it may go offline suddenly and hence stops printing anything. You can be ended at a query with why My HP Printer Is Offline while I print some urgent document. Luckily, you have landed on the right page, in this guide; you will learn how to get the printer out of its offline mode to be online. Thus, simply read the post carefully from top-to-toe.
When My HP Printer Is Offline?
You might be having your HP Printer Offline if there is a lack of communication between the devices. It’s true! The printer must be strongly communicated with your Windows PC. Otherwise, your printer will go offline when you attempt to print any of your official/personal documents. Therefore, before using your printer for instant printouts, make sure the devices are connected properly.
The Most Feasible And Specified Reasons For My HP Printer Is Offline
Here’s the list of possible reasons that can be responsible for My HP Printer Is Offline error problem. Let’s have a quick glance:
- Outdated printer drivers and software
- Printer Connection issues
- A printer settings error
- Print Jobs Stuck in the print queue
- When ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode is selected, then also HP Says Offline during the printing function.
- Your HP Printer is probably not set as default in the Windows system.
Fruitful Diagnostic Tips To Solve My HP Printer Is Offline Issue
Does your computer say HP Printer Offline when you give a print command to your selected document to print? Don’t feel disheartened! Beneath, we’ve compiled effective troubleshooting methods. You only have to implement them one after another unless you successfully change your HP Printer offline to online. Let’s follow!
Tips 1: Set The Default Printer
Make sure the default printer driver matches the printer you are using for printing purposes. If the printer is not chosen as a default printer in your computer system, you can face an HP Printer Offline issue. Therefore, set your default printer on Windows 10 PC by following the given steps:
- From the Windows Search box, open Control Panel.
- Now, click on the “Hardware and Sound” tab.
- Afterward, give an instant click on the “Devices and Printers” tab
- Now, you have to select your “HP Printer” from the list of results.
- From the list of printers, click the printer name that matches the name of your printer and then give a right-click on it.
- Now, select the “Set as default printer” option.
- Voila! Your HP Printer is successfully set as a default printer on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, try to print.
If the HP Printer Is Offline yet, continue implementing the next fixing tips.
Tips 2: Make Sure Your Printer Is Not In the “Use Printer Offline” Mode
Your printer may go offline if the ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode is selected on your computer. So, verify that the printer you use is in an online state. Here’s the step you have to go through:
- First, give a click on the Windows Start button.
- Now, select Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners accordingly.
- Thereafter, give a click on your printer and select the option “Open print queue”.
- Inside the “Printer” section, make sure the checkbox prior to “Use Printer Offline” is not ticked. If there is a checkmark, click on the box to deselect this option immediately.
Now, you can attempt to print just to ensure that the HP Offline is turned back online. If the printer remains showing offline, implement the next solving guide.
Tips 3: Reinstall The Printer Driver
Maybe the driver installed against your HP Printer has gone out of date or is corrupt. This can result in the HP Offline error problem. Thus, try to reinstall the driver to efficiently bring your printer online. The desired driver reinstallation procedures are enumerated underneath. Let’s have a brief glance and simultaneously follow them one by one:
- To reinstall the driver, go to the Windows “Settings” section.
- Now, click the “Printers” tab to select your HP printer.
- Afterward, put a right-click on the selected printer and choose “Properties”.
- Under the “General” or “Details” tab, look for the driver button, select it and choose the driver again.
- You can even though download the driver directly from the HP printer manufacturer’s website.
- Reinstall the printer. From the Windows “Settings” menu, select the “Printer” you have.
- Now, delete the printer from the menu.
- Now, again reinstall it by clicking on the “Add a printer” option.
- At last, use the recently launched printer driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
Hopefully, this solves your printer offline problem.
The aforementioned troubleshooting tips and tricks are really productive in making your printer back online. If these fixing steps didn’t work in solving the My HP Printer Is Offline error problem, make direct contact with us. We have a team of qualified HP Printer Tech Support engineers who work dedicatedly to lend you an effective hand at your doorstep. So, place a call on the provided helpline number and get in touch with us without any hesitation.