The following adjustments, while relatively simple, have the potential to significantly bolster the security of both your router and your home network.
Change The Wavlink Router Admin Password
If you change the password for the router admin account on your Wavlink router, you can stop anyone who is already connected to your network from accessing the router settings.
- In order to modify the admin password on your Wavlink router, you will first need to log into the device.
- Change Wavlink router admin password.
- Choose Administration from the list of options on the left side of the screen.
- At this point, you should look to the right to find the required fields that need to be filled out.
- In the field labelled “Old Password,” type “admin” as the password for the previous admin account.
- Enter your new password for the first time in the field labelled “New Password,” and then re-enter it for the second time in the field labelled “Repeat New Password.”
- To save the changes, click the OK button, and a message that says “Success!” will appear. In order to log in, please use the new password.
When you click the OK button, you will be logged out of the system; therefore, you will need to log back in using the new admin username and password.
Log in to your Wavlink router using the instructions provided earlier
Change the network name and WiFi password for the router.
- After that, choose Wireless from the list of options on the left.
- Modify both the SSID and the password for Wavlink’s wifi.
- You will see fields for entering your WiFi Name and WiFi Password when you navigate to the new page. After you have entered the new ones, select the blue OK button to save the changes you have made.
- At this point, you will need to change the password on your wireless devices and connect them to the new network using the new name.
Login Instructions for the Wavlink Router
To gain access to the settings of your Wavlink router, follow these steps. We have a good feeling about the fact that you will be able to access the admin dashboard within the next minute or two.
Step 1: Establish a Connection to the Network
In order to access the settings of the router, the device must first be connect to the network. Other devices that are not connected to the network will unable to perform the action successfully.
Therefore, take your device, which could be a personal computer, a tablet, or a smartphone, and either connect to the network wirelessly by entering your wireless password or connect your personal computer to the router by means of an Ethernet cable. You are require to perform this first step, and if you do not, the process of logging in will be unsuccessful.
Step 2: Open a browser on your device.
A web browser can be use to access the configuration settings for the Wavlink router. Therefore, run the version that was install on your device. There is no difference in performance between using Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser.
Step 3: In the URL Bar, Enter the IP Address of the Wavlink Router
The default login IP/URL for Wavlink is 192.168.10.1.
It is expected that the Wavlink router login windows will open when you enter one of these. Check to see if the default IP address for the router is 192.168.10.1 in the event that the login page does not open. The following is the correct way to carry it out: How to Locate the Default IP Address of Your Router: A Step-by-Step Guide
Step 4: Enter your Wavlink login details.
You can access the router settings with the following username and password, both of which are provided by Wavlink by default.
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: admin
If you haven’t customised these settings in the past, you should stick with the defaults. In any other case, make use of the bespoke ones you’ve created. After you have entered all of this information, click the OK button.
Please take note that certain Wavlink routers will only request a password.
Step 5: You Are Now Able to Manage the Settings of Your Wavlink Router
You should now be looking at the Wavlink router admin dashboard if the login information was enter correctly. Because the settings are so well-organize and separate into their respective categories. All that is required of you is a little bit of searching to find what it is that you need to modify.
In the event that the Wavlink router admin dashboard does not load and you receive an error message stating that the username or password you entered is incorrect, you have two options: either reset the router to its factory settings and then log in using the default login details, or try finding the custom ones if you have written them down somewhere.
During the process of resetting the router to its factory settings, all of the changes you have made will overwritten, and after the reset, you will need to configure the router from scratch.